CYXTFTTool won't remember settings and asks for permission

mini PC with display!
Jay350

CYXTFTTool won't remember settings and asks for permission

Post by Jay350 »

I have a new AceMagic S1 with the N97 and this is the problem I have been having with the CYXTFTTool for the front screen. It works when I start it up, but it doesn't seem to remember any changes I make and Windows asks me to approve it every time it boots up. Is there any fix for this?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: CYXTFTTool won't remember settings and asks for permission

Post by Gabe »

I'd uninstall all traces of the TFT program, restart the system, then use this updated version to see if it fixes the problem.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Jay350

Post by Jay350 »

Thanks, did that but it still asks the same thing, the user control pops up every time asking me to approve the CPU monitoring, and it still doesn't remember any changes I make, always going back to the default.
Jay350

Post by Jay350 »

Update, I managed to bypass the user control prompt by creating a task exception. Still have the problem with it not remembering any changes though, I added the shortcut to startup and it will always go back to default.
Jay350

Post by Jay350 »

Okay another update, after messing around with this for a while I finally got it all to work without the permission prompt. I had to create tasks for everything with the task scheduler, and set them up to trigger upon startup with full privileges, and removed the shortcut from the startup folder. Now it's finally activating when I log in, but I still have the issue with it always going to the default theme.
Jay350

Post by Jay350 »

Final update: it finally started remembering the theme I selected! Apparently setting this all up with the task scheduler fixes all of the problems I had. Who knows, maybe that updated version of the apps helped as well, so thank you for providing that for me.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Jay350 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:49 am Final update: it finally started remembering the theme I selected! Apparently setting this all up with the task scheduler fixes all of the problems I had. Who knows, maybe that updated version of the apps helped as well, so thank you for providing that for me.
I'm glad you got it working.

I had to do the same thing, as in the Task Scheduler. When I originally got the unit it worked fine, but when I did a clean install of Windows 11 23H2, I could never get the LCD screen program to run properly after installing it, as in seeing the same thing you were with having to okay it every time the system started. Setting it up as a Task to run on Startup fixed it. Though that updated file I linked to is supposed to fix everything, I haven't tried it myself, instead deciding to just stick with what I have.

At one point I even tried putting a different NVMe drive in it, just to try the factory system files available here, which is supposed to put everything back to like it was when I first got it. Even though everything installed just fine, the LCD screen program still wouldn't work properly.

That LCD screen and program is great, though a bit quirky if you have to (re)install it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Icewolf77

Post by Icewolf77 »

Had the same problem. Tried to put the Tool in Autostart, but it always prompted me to approve it at every startup. I used a little program named "elevated shortcut" which did the job for me. Think it does the same thing with the task scheduler automatically.
deAlexPesh

Post by deAlexPesh »

hi, Friend. Thank you for you program, but...

download

1. Solution for autoran your software (add fo your installation bat file):
- import "screen.xml" in task
- place files "screen.ps1" and "invisible.vbs" to "C:\Options\screen\"
if you change place, edit "screen.xml" before import.

2. How can I change icon in system tray?

3. Can you take me access for display api or source please?
SpeedingWilly

Post by SpeedingWilly »

What is the fix that the tool does not remember any settings. If I start the program, always the first screen is loaded on startup.

I want to choose a theme and that the tool remembers it.

Return to “New Model S1”