AM07 HDMI Sound no longer working. Any ideas?

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
Tageeboy

AM07 HDMI Sound no longer working. Any ideas?

Post by Tageeboy »

I am in love with the AM07. I have this set up next to my work PC and a high end gaming PC but find myself spending all my time on this little guy when not working. That being said. I was able to get sound on my monitor when I first hooked up the AM07 to my Samsung 32 inch curved but sometime over the past couple of months the sound stopped. Everything appears to be working, I see the sound bar jumping around when I test but there is no audio no matter what I do. I suspect this may have been an update somewhere along the way but don't know for sure. I have done all of the standard testing to address common errors. Swapped HDMI cables, changed ports, blah blah. Is there possibly a driver I need to change/update? Anyone else experience issues where the HDMI sound output suddenly stops? USB headset works perfectly, any other sound device I add is fine, its just the HDMI output that gives me no audit.

Thanks in advance, its my first post so apologies for being wordy. I am just really excited to have a resource for info about this little device.
dragonpoo

Re: AM07 HDMI Sound no longer working. Any ideas?

Post by dragonpoo »

I don't have this model, but I've had audio issues like that before. Sounds like you've done some general troubleshooting, but some suggestions:

The Windows troubleshooter has proven itself to work about 10% of the time, but it doesn't hurt to try. It typically restarts the related driver services, and plays a test sound.
Shut down, disconnect the cable, reconnect the cable, and power on the system.
Check Windows Update > Update History to see if any driver updates happened recently.
In Win11, go to Settings > System > Sound > Properties for your specific speakers. You might have more than one listed, so make sure you're looking at the correct one for your HDMI. You could also try deactivating different ones until you figure out which should be used. This area will also show you the driver details as to when they were last updated.
You can deactivate the sound devices in your Device Manager, as well. Or roll back/uninstall the drivers if you suspect something changed.

Again, there are a lot of things you can try, but my first thought is, I've had sound devices stop working until I reboot.
These users thanked the author dragonpoo for the post:
barry777
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”