My Acemagic S1 boot only on BIOS...

mini PC with display!
Kankunen

My Acemagic S1 boot only on BIOS...

Post by Kankunen »

Good morning, from today my Acemagic S1 has decided, after displaying a large emoticon for a few moments

: - (

to reboot and entered the BIOS.
Now just enter the BIOS.
Is there anything I can check to make everything restart correctly?
I bought this PC two months ago on eBay and it has always worked great...
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: My Acemagic S1 boot only on BIOS...

Post by Gabe »

A couple of things to try...

1. Resetting BIOS to default values. On the right side of the main BIOS screen it should indicate what F-key to use to do this, then make sure to save the settings and exit.

2. Reseat the storage and RAM. Basically, remove each module, then reinstall it. If one of the pins is not making a good connection, this should help.

If neither one of these things helps, you might try reinstalling the system, which you can get here.

* I've moved your topic from Troubleshooting to the S1 section, leaving a shadow topic in place in Troubleshooting that will redirect to the new section.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

You can refer to the following documents:

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the detailed help, unfortunately it didn't change the result. I'm starting to think that maybe the nvme on my S1 is damaged... if I find it cheap I'll try to buy one and try to replace it.

Post by Guest »

barry777 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:17 am You can refer to the following documents:

Thanks for the detailed help, unfortunately it didn't change the result. I'm starting to think that maybe the nvme on my S1 is damaged... if I find it cheap I'll try to buy one and try to replace it.

Post by Guest »

barry777 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:17 am You can refer to the following documents:

I noticed that in the BOOT section on my S1 next to the BOOT Option it says NVME and nothing else, not like in the photos you sent where you can see the name of the drive (Windows boot manager etc etc)... this Is this the symptom that my NVME is damaged?

Post by Guest »

Maybe the system files are missing.
Create and enter the PE system, use tools to check whether the SSD can be read (if it cannot be read, the SSD is faulty; if it can be read, format the SSD before installing the system)

It is recommended to refer to the following video for formatting operations:

PE file:

https://mega.nz/file/gn0mkSTT#FXZUx9m6c ... PQS1S9q5Yk

Tutorial on installing PE system:

If the built-in SSD cannot be read when entering the PE system, please send the fault video/picture and purchase order number to email: barry@minipcunion.com. After verification, we will further assist you in repairing the problem.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:31 am Maybe the system files are missing.
Create and enter the PE system, use tools to check whether the SSD can be read (if it cannot be read, the SSD is faulty; if it can be read, format the SSD before installing the system)

It is recommended to refer to the following video for formatting operations:

PE file:

https://mega.nz/file/gn0mkSTT#FXZUx9m6c ... PQS1S9q5Yk

Tutorial on installing PE system:

If the built-in SSD cannot be read when entering the PE system, please send the fault video/picture and purchase order number to email: barry@minipcunion.com. After verification, we will further assist you in repairing the problem.
I purchased a new SSD and placed it alongside the one originally installed in my S1, the installation of Windows 11 Pro with the procedure you described was successful, after installing everything I checked with the storage device manager and the old ssd is not detected.
I purchased this mini PC in February on eBay and I can only provide the number on the label on the box that contains it: CMNS1000BEU1651.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

It is recommended to consult the platform dealer for the warranty period.

Post by Guest »

barry777 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:51 am It is recommended to consult the platform dealer for the warranty period.
if you mean the eBay platform, having purchased the product as "used" the guarantee is not valid, even if the product has been on sale for less than 24 months it is not possible to have a valid sales document to take advantage of the guarantee.

I think I will have to write off the expense as "risks of purchasing a used product" and throw away the faulty SSD.

Return to “New Model S1”