KAMRUI does not turn ON. No lights, dead

Xyz

KAMRUI does not turn ON. No lights, dead

Post by Xyz »

I have tried changing the DC adapter. The KAMRUI Mini PC Model GK3 PRO does not turn on and shows no signs of turning on. No lights at all. Please help.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: KAMRUI does not turn ON. No lights, dead

Post by Gabe »

I don't know if it will help, but what I would try is a BIOS discharge, the video instructions for which are below. The video is for the AK3, but the procedure is the same with the GK3 Pro.

With this said, it's possible that your GK3 Pro has a reset button inside the audio jack. Mine does. The reset button does the same thing as the method outlined in a video, but in a lot easier way. However, I don't know if the button actually works. To see if yours has one, take a straightened paper clip or something similar and stick it in that audio jack. If there's a button in there, you'll feel it depress. If it's there, press and hold that button in for at least ten seconds, then try starting the unit. Make sure EVERYTHING is disconnected from the unit before doing this, then reconnect what's needed to test it afterward. Again, I don't know if the button is actually connected inside, but it would be worth a try if it has one. If it works, great. If it doesn't, it would still be worth trying the manual BIOS discharge referenced in the video.

Oh, and if you do the method in the video, be careful of the WiFi/Bluetooth antennas when you remove the system board. They're not that long and can be easy to snap or pull off of their connectors.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

If it still doesn’t work after you discharge it, please provide the fault video/picture and Amazon order number and send it to barry@minipcunion.com;
We look forward to sharing more details with you via email.
HarbingerG

Post by HarbingerG »

Same issue, less than a week and its dead. Terrible product.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

HarbingerG wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:55 pm Same issue, less than a week and its dead. Terrible product.
I've had mine for a year and a half and it's still working perfectly.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “N5105(GK3pro)”