How to Update the BIOS of ACEPC Mini PC

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
ring1956

Re: How to Update the BIOS of ACEPC Mini PC

Post by ring1956 »

I think it is better to use Intel soft fptw64 - command-line utility. For Alderlake You need version 16.***
ring1956

Post by ring1956 »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:33 am I'm very sorry, but I am in the perspective of customer consideration. We have kept the BIOS confidential. It is very dangerous to update the BIOS by mistake. Please tell me the reason why you update the BIOS.
AK1 N95 BIOS limits CPU power to 8w, while Intel shows TDP 15w. Tgis is the problem of BIOS as I found. I need BIOS with 15w limit.
ZekeMX

Post by ZekeMX »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:42 am Thank you very much for your suggestion, maybe we are too conservative, we will consider increasing the function of BIOS. Or you can find a suitable download in the forum.
First of all, please take a picture in the main interface of the BIOS, and we will provide you with a new BIOS based on your BIOS date. You can describe what features of the BIOS you need.
Hello,

I also have an AcePC Pocket PC W5 Pro and would like to have a bios upgrade.. Mine freezes with all latest linux I've tested it. I hope you can also send me a bios upgrade, I will appreciate it.
Bios.jpg
Bios.jpg (175.43 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

ZekeMX wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:28 pm Hello,

I also have an AcePC Pocket PC W5 Pro and would like to have a bios upgrade.. Mine freezes with all latest linux I've tested it. I hope you can also send me a bios upgrade, I will appreciate it.

Bios.jpg
With the age of the W5 Pro, it's highly unlikely that there will be any BIOS updates for it. Even its CPU is past its service date by Intel, meaning they no longer support it.

You need to try older Linux distros.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”