AK1 Drivers update

Please discuss some frequently asked questions here!
keith mackenzie

AK1 Drivers update

Post by keith mackenzie »

Can you help me with finding necessary driver updates for the pci simple communication adapter, shown on my device manager?
See attached screen shot.
I have downloaded the files available from your site today, but the update is not found.

I am not sure if this is the root cause to the Blue Screen crashes i am also getting.
As these direct me to the following:
ntoskrnl.exe+3f6cf0 as the primary cause of all the crashes.

Any ideas guy's?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (19.08 KiB) Viewed 5667 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK1 Drivers update

Post by Gabe »

keith mackenzie,

I would download, install and run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant. That tool should be able to find the proper drivers for that particular item.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
keith mackenzie

Hi Gabe,

Tried that, and no luck.
It did however identify some other drivers that needed an update.
But i still have the 2 PCI simple communication controllers indicating no driver.
Regards
Keith
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

@keith mackenzie,

Did you, by chance, perform a clean install of Windows from non ACEPC installation media, such as that made with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool for Windows 10?

If so, I would make the following suggestion, though it's no doubt a bit convoluted. I'd reinstall the system using the ACEPC version available in the File Download section of this forum, then save the Driver File Repository from that installation, as it should have all drivers installed. Then perform the clean install of the the new version again, and use that saved Driver File Repository as the search location when installing necessary drivers. Hopefully the drivers installed on the earlier ACEPC system will be compatible with the newer, cleanly installed system, though it would seem that if they were those available in the driver downloads would work as well. If they're not, I don't really know what steps to take to find the drivers, unfortunately, as the only thing I could find was the Intel Driver and Support suggestion. ACEPC may not have a driver yet available for the new version of Windows.

If it wasn't due to a clean install, I'd try reinstalling version 2004 again, available from the File Download section.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, I provide you with a PCI driver installation tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
keith mackenzie

Followed the Video to activate the PCI drivers.
Seems to have done the trick, Thank you.
I no longer have the 2 PCI messages in my device manager.

Now to see if this helps with the Blue screen crashes, or do you think the two are not related?

Gabe, i have not looked at running a full windows re-install yet. Need to find the time.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am glad that your problem has been resolved. There are many reasons for the blue screen.
  • 70% of "blue screen" abnormal problems are caused by third-party driver code.
  • 10% of "blue screen" abnormal problems are caused by computer hardware abnormalities or malfunctions.
  • 5% of "blue screen" abnormal problems are caused by the Windows system itself.
  • The remaining 15% of "blue screen" abnormal problems cannot be accurately analyzed due to severe data corruption.

This is my analysis. I hope it is helpful to you.Since there are many reasons for the blue screen, Gabe's reinstallation system is very useful. Reinstalling the system can solve 90% of blue screen problems.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
rei66rm

Post by rei66rm »

Hi all.

I resurrected my ACEPC-AK1, installed a Windows 11 Pro (clean install), and updated some drivers.I miss these:
  • Controller del bus di sistema
    NearbySharing
    NearbySharing_second
    SMS/MMS
I'm primarily worried about the system bus controller.

Can you help me? Thank you! Greetings from Rome (Italy)

Rei
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

rei66rm wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:24 pm Hi all.

I resurrected my ACEPC-AK1, installed a Windows 11 Pro (clean install), and updated some drivers.I miss these:
  • Controller del bus di sistema
    NearbySharing
    NearbySharing_second
    SMS/MMS
I'm primarily worried about the system bus controller.

Can you help me? Thank you! Greetings from Rome (Italy)

Rei
AK1 Drivers...

If you run into a limit message when trying to download them, sign into your Google account, then try again.

Return to “FAQ”