Win 10/T11 System process very high

Quick Fix.
jules

Win 10/T11 System process very high

Post by jules »

I have a new T11 with Windows 10 Pro and when I start up the process "system" runs at about 30-40% causing power usage to be "very high". But if I restart it, then everything is fine and system drops to what would be expected and power usage is "very low".

Any ideas would be most appreciated. I though it might be connected with Windows 10 fast startup, but I can't see how to disable it. I see the option in other Windows 10 implementations but not this one.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Jules
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Win 10/T11 System process very high

Post by admin »

You can use our WIN10 system to try, we will complete the driver and take up less, which will reduce your occupancy rate.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
jules

Post by jules »

Thanks for your message. The T11 came with Win 10 Pro installed. Do you mean that I need to reinstall it?
jules

Post by jules »

Just one more question - is this version of Win 10 Pro different from the one that came preinstalled on the T11?

Thanks again.

Jules
jules

Post by jules »

Sorry for the additional message. I have tried using the sfc and dism tools within windows and they report nothing wrong with windows.

The thing is that I only have this issue when I start up. If I "restart", then the issue isn't there. Again, it's only with a cold start. This suggests to me that it could be a fast startup issue. I can't see how to disable fast startup.

Would a bios upgrade help?

Thank you again.
jules

Post by jules »

I solved this issue by going into the bios menu and changing the Restore on AC/Power Loss to enabled. Now when I start up, the system process goes to 0% and power usage is low - which would only happen when I restarted.

But I still have a question about whether I should upgrade the bios. I would be grateful if you could clarify that.

Thank you again.

Jules
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BIOS upgrade will have more settings, allowing you to control your computer better. Still, it cannot directly improve the performance, so in use, if you do not need a specific BIOS function and use it without abnormal conditions, There is no need to refresh the BIOS. It is also a hazardous operation to restore the BIOS. Failure to revive may cause the computer to fail or even break.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
jules

Post by jules »

Thanks - since it's now working - I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you will have a pleasant experience.

Return to “Troubleshooting”