Fan Swap

Breadsworth

Fan Swap

Post by Breadsworth »

I would like to bypass the stock fan for a Noctua 5v fan, is the voltage from the motherboard 12v or 5v?

- Thank You
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Fan Swap

Post by Gabe »

I believe it's 5V, though I don't personally have one, so I can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone who does, or the admin or barry, can tell you for sure.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Wordsworth

Post by Wordsworth »

Hey Gabe thanks for your reply. The output voltage to the fan is 5v. I successfully swapped the stock fan with the Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX 5v fan. The Noctua fan fits inside the housing where the original fan was located so only thing that needed to be done was to to solder red and black wires to red and black wire going to original fan from board. I ran Heavy Load for 5 min and my PC temp maxed at 79C. I'm happy with the results and no more loud fan noise!

Temps.png
Temps.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 2177 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Wordsworth,

That's great to hear and see! It's always nice when you can bring temps down in a unit. I did the same with a number of mine, though I didn't install a new fan. I replaced the aluminum shim with a copper shim in my GK1, AK3 and GK3 Pro, as well as using some Arctic MX-6 thermal compound, and changed just the thermal compound in a few others. It didn't cause a drastic drop in temps, but enough that it made it worth doing so.

For reference, I edited your post so that the picture showed. I hope you don't mind.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “J3455(AK2)”