Links to download latest BIOS and EC

Quick Fix.
wingers

Links to download latest BIOS and EC

Post by wingers »

Hi

Just purchased both a T11 and an AK1 - both working okay, but would like to know where I can download latest BIOS and EC updates for these models

Many thanks
wingers

Re: Links to download latest BIOS and EC

Post by wingers »

Also now just bought an AK3 so links to latest BIOS and EC updates for that too please

I love your products but you could do with improving website and forum so that it is easier to find download links for latest BIOS, drivers and Windows images for users

On that note do you have 1909 or 2004 Windows 10 Pro images for AK1 / AK3?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

wingers,

They don't have a central list for the BIOS due to not wanting people to flash them unless there is a good reason for it, as it's fairly easy to mess up and brick the unit.

After searching the forum, so far I've been able to find these...

•The the BIOS and EC for the AK3 (at least the J4125 version) are here...
viewtopic.php?p=1073#p1073

•The EC for the AK1 is here...
viewtopic.php?p=1142#p1142

•Windows 10 Pro 1909 for the AK1 is here...
viewtopic.php?p=989#p989

•Windows 10 1909 Pro for the T11 is here...
viewtopic.php?p=1236#p1236

•Windows 10 1909 Home for the T11 is here...
viewtopic.php?p=1286#p1286

⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕ To reiterate the warning for anyone reading this, flashing the BIOS should ONLY be performed when there is genuine need, and really only when instructed to by an ACEPC representative. Flashing a BIOS always carries risk, and doing so improperly can permanently brick the unit.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Post by Guest »

Hi Gabe

I fully appreciate the reasoning and the logic, but personally I work in IT and run an IT support company so know all about that, but personally I think they should have a proper download page like other computer manufacturers like Dell, HP, Acer do.

Yes fair enough have a warning about flashing the BIOS like they do - but at least make finding downloads for BIOS updates, drivers and OS images easier. There are often reasons for upgrading the BIOS and EC firmwares on a device e.g. new releases fix bugs, fix intel security flaws etc, same as new BIOS updates from Dell do for my Desktop - so often a good reason for doing it, and I personally haven't had a failed BIOS update on a modern PC for many years, that sort of issue occurred a lot years ago but thankfully better designed hardware and fail safes in a good upgrade app solve this.

I am testing these with a view to recommending them to some clients, so ease of getting drivers et all plays a big part in that decision.

Thank you for going through the forums and making the list for me though.
gonzo985

Post by gonzo985 »

Sigh, I just bricked my AK1J3455. Is there any way out of this? I've tried unplugging the CMOS battery, and unplugging and plugging the device. I was searching for BIOS updaters and found one that supposedly was for my ACEPC AK1 and bricked it once it went to restart. Please help. Any information on this matter would help.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

gonzo985,

I would contact ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com to see if they have any suggestions.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
gonzo985

Post by gonzo985 »

Thank you very much. I just realized after more research that I accidently installed the "AK1003_ACEPC_log_20190918" BIOS update for the AK3 instead of the AK1. Rookie move. But I did, thanks again for the assistance!

Very Respectfully,

Tony

Return to “Troubleshooting”