S1 Bluetooth Problems

mini PC with display!
Groch

Re: S1 Bluetooth Problems

Post by Groch »

hsehestdt,

You are correct, the update to23h2 did nothing. (Oddly I did not get the new CoPilot app on the S1 update, I did get it on another computer yesterday).

I have reinstalled the 8852BE 2023 driver, and things still do not work. I do not have the original 2022 driver, but that did not work either or I would not have updated.

Because changing the drivers fixed your issue, my best guess is that the original images for both BT5 and BT6 S1 versions had incorrect Bluetooth drivers.

AceMagic should be able to determine if that is the problem, and provide the correct drivers for both versions.
Last edited by Groch on Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

I noted earlier that I had exported all my drivers prior to installing 23H2. So, I just now restored all of those drivers and it's definitely very different than the Realtek drivers that I downloaded.

The Bluetooth adapter is identified as "Generic" whereas with the actual Realtek driver it identifies it as a "Realtek Bluetooth Adapter".

How that helps you, I don't know, because we have different adapters in our systems.

It might be worth calling their support number (there is a label on bottom of system with the number). I've spoken with them before and found them to be very helpful.

I still plan to restore the factory image, so again, will let you know if that turns up anything for me, but still, I don't know if that will help you.
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

More research, more possibilities...

First, the link that you posted at the outset - I noticed it referenced the 8852BE (note the BE, NOT CE). So, are you SURE you have a valid driver?

Next, I went to the Microsoft Update Catalog. I see drivers for the 8852CE but I am not clear on whether this one driver services both the WiFi and Bluetooth or if there are separate drivers for Bluetooth.
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (230.31 KiB) Viewed 10579 times
Groch

Post by Groch »

In my last post I incorrectly called the Wifi Adapter 8852CE.....8852BE is correct, not CE, and that is what I called it in previous posts.

So far, my above link is the only place I have found the 8852BE WiFi and Bluetooth Drivers, I do not know where they sourced it.

I do not think AceMagic has posted them anywhere, and the lenovo/Dell sites downloads I have tried seem to be brand specific. I think Realtek relys on the end manufacturer to provide their newer drivers, which may be proprietary.

I will try to find the microsoft update catalog files for it. I have not accessed that before.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Groch,

I wonder if you could use that Driver Booster program barry often recommends to find the right driver for the card. Just the free version I mean, or trial version, or whatever it is.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Post by Guest »

Gabe,
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that.
- Installed the Free Program (be careful, it suggests installing a lot of other stuff)
- deleted the Realtek Bluetooth Driver, then rebooted so the adapter shows as Generic
- ran the program, the free version found it and downloaded a slightly different Realtek Driver - release 1.9.1051.3012 dated 01/2023
- the program said the other associated Microsoft Bluetooth subsystems were up to date.

Result: no change. Bluetooth Mouse works. Keyboards and Audio do not reliably connect.

It was a good suggestion. thanks. Still no joy.
Groch

Post by Groch »

A brief update on my S1 1TB Bluetooth Issue.

Barry has responded to my "We have received your question and we are verifying it."

Once again, the issue is that my S1 (1TB version with WiFi 6/BT 5.2- Realtek 8852BE) will not connect to Bluetooth Keyboards or Audio Devices. It works OK with mice.
Driver updates did not fix the issue.

If you are experiencing a similar issue with your S1, or if you have a 1TB WiFi 6 model with Bluetooth that works fine, I would like to hear from you to see how widespread the issue is. Thanks.
Groch

Post by Groch »

I have an update on my S1 Bluetooth problem.

At Barry's suggestion, I turned off the S1's Realtek WiFi. When its WiFi is off, and I connect via Ethernet, Bluetooth functions appear normal. I can successfully connect and reconnect to keyboards/audio etc.

As soon as a turn the S1's WiFi back on, the problems return and Bluetooth becomes unusable. So, there is some issue between Bluetooth and WiFi on my 1TB S1.

I would appreciate it if another S1 user would check their Bluetooth Functions with a keyboard or audio to see if it works with WiFi connected. Thanks!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I tried both a pair of Bluetooth ear buds and headphones with my S1, and both worked without issue with the WiFi on. There were no issues with adjusting the volume or pausing/starting a YouTube video. I also tried seeing if the connection would drop with distance, but neither disconnected when walking to the other side of my house. Granted, my house is very small, more like a cottage, but it was about 25 feet.

I also checked, just in case, and mine has the Realtek 8852BE as well.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Groch

Post by Groch »

Gabe, thanks for testing, that is helpful.

Since your 8852BE S1 works, it makes it likely my S1 has a defect rather than that it is a bad design, or needs a software update.

I guessed the issue might be a disconnected antenna lead, so I popped it open. On the S1 it is easy to do (with care), removing 3 screws allows for the top lid to be unclipped, and 3 more allows the MB to be removed.

I can see no issues. The WiFi antennas appear solidly connected.

If Brian does not have further suggestions I will exchange my S1 for a working one.

Return to “New Model S1”