Acepc AK1 crashes every morning

Quick Fix.
MalibuMontana

Acepc AK1 crashes every morning

Post by MalibuMontana »

Purchased an AK1 from Amazon about 3 months ago. About a month ago, it started crashing every single morning. I work from home and it is getting very frustrating. I shut down the computer every night after work. I boot it up around 7:20 am. By 7:45 at the latest, it has crashed. Everything freezes. I cant do anything except unplug the power to reset it. I have to leave it unplugged for about 5 min otherwise if its any sooner, the computer wont come back on. I don't start any real work due to knowing its about to happen. Occasionally it resets on its own and prompts "windows has encountered a problem" and restarts. I use a remote desktop for work. Citrix and MindShift. Everything else about this computer is great. This crashing issue is a real problem. I have made sure there is no viruses or unwanted apps that were downloaded. This is a pretty strict work computer. No gaming or other things on it. Tia
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Acepc AK1 crashes every morning

Post by admin »

1. Caused by abnormal shutdown.

2.Update caused problems.

3. Caused by software compatibility.
Please try to reinstall the system and then close update.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Acepc AK1 crashes every morning

Post by Gabe »

MalibuMontana,

I would install Core Temp on the unit to keep an eye on the temperature. From what you're describing, I'm wondering if it's cutting off due to high heat. That you have to leave it off long enough before it comes back on might suggest this, as well.

Make sure to pay attention during installation, as it will try to install a bunch of extra junk by default. The only box you would probably want checked is to create a desktop shortcut, if you want that. But make sure to uncheck all of the other boxes that are checked.

For settings, I'd make sure to include...
1. Start Core Temp with Windows
2. Start Core Temp minimized
3. Close Core Temp to the notification area
4. Highest Temperature

Also make sure to enable the icon in the taskbar settings so that it's not hidden. This way the temp is always visible for a quick check.

Core Temp is free, and you can get it at the following...

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Hope this helps. :)
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”