Fanless MiniPC wanted

Come hang out and discuss tech related content! Please check other subforums before posting.
Tobi

Fanless MiniPC wanted

Post by Tobi »

Hi Forum,

currently I am looking for a fanless miniPC. The device should be used as TV box. I would like to run libreelec or Windows OS with Kodi on that PC. It does not need lot of storage because it will be connected to a NAS.

Thank you for any input.

Regards

Tobias
actiftech

Re: Fanless MiniPC wanted

Post by actiftech »

Please, take a look here, you will find the best for what you expect. ;)
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Thank you for input. But the recommend device is definitely not fanless as far as I see.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

According to current information, JK06 is fanless design; but it has been discontinued in the US and is only available in Europe.
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Thank you @barry777.
Since I live in Thailand, I have to look for another option.
brandoman

Post by brandoman »

Tobi wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:16 pm Hi Forum,

currently I am looking for a fanless miniPC. The device should be used as TV box. I would like to run libreelec or Windows OS with Kodi on that PC. It does not need lot of storage because it will be connected to a NAS.

Thank you for any input.

Regards

Tobias
How far are you away from the mini pc? The fan noise on a lower powered unit like a N95 should be almost silent. If you are more than a couple feet away, you shouldn't heat it at all.
**********Note***********

I do not work or represent MiniPCunion and my words are my own. I will do my best to provide guidance based on over 20 years of computing experience.
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Thank you brandoman,

i am currently traveling and be back home by end of this month. I. Will try with my GK3pro and if the fan noise level is not high, i consider to buy a N95 for AV-1 decoding.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Tobi,

I hardly ever hear the fan on my GK3 Pro. Thermally speaking, it's actually one of the coolest running, if not THE coolest running, of all of the mini PCs I have.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

I checked with my GK3pro and it seems that this device has not CEC implemented. Can another owner confirm this?

If this is the case, this minipc woukd not be useable out of the box with kodi as an HTPC and a CEC adaptor would be needed seperately.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Currently, Mini PC does not have an HDMI CEC module. Before purchasing this module, you need to check with the manufacturer whether it is compatible with Windows 11 Pro.

Return to “General Discussion”