AD03 - Secure Boot Issue

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
Libi

AD03 - Secure Boot Issue

Post by Libi »

Hello,

I received the device today full of anticipation. Windows 11 was preinstalled on the SSD drive. However, my plan was to use a Linux distribution (Proxmox) instead.
After initial problems, I was finally able to install it. However, I subsequently set the Secure Boot option back to "enabled", which means I now get a Red error message ("Secure Boot Violation") every time I reboot. I wanted to set the Secure Boot option back to "Disable". Unfortunately the system does not allow any change on this side anymore. Even a change from UEFI to Legacy didn't bring any improvement. So at the moment nothing works at all.
Please help ...
Libi

Re: AD03 - Secure Boot Issue

Post by Libi »

Ok. Topic solved.I simply created a USB stick with another Linux distribution (Mint, iso file) and went into the BIOS again with it. There I could then disable the Secure Boot.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Libi wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:51 am Ok. Topic solved.I simply created a USB stick with another Linux distribution (Mint, iso file) and went into the BIOS again with it. There I could then disable the Secure Boot.
That's a good workaround. Hopefully it'll help others if they run into a similar situation. 👍
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
fuelrod

Post by fuelrod »

Libi wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:51 am Ok. Topic solved.I simply created a USB stick with another Linux distribution (Mint, iso file) and went into the BIOS again with it. There I could then disable the Secure Boot.
I'm a little confused, you can get into the BOIS without any OS installed at all. You're saying simple by having a Linux bootable USB device in the computer you were able to change the Secure Boot option? That seems very arbitrary.
rshek

Post by rshek »

I ran into this issue before. Basically, if you go into the BIOS from the screen AFTER you get the secure boot error, the disable secure boot is greyed out and you can't disable it. You have to power on the PC and tap delete and get into BIOS before it detects the OS to disable secure boot, really strange.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”