AX15 Laptop Drivers

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
Groch

AX15 Laptop Drivers

Post by Groch »

Hi,

I am looking for the Windows 11 driver pack for the laptop.
I just got an AX15, what a great machine! I'm impressed by the build, the screen is great, bright, and sharp. And it is very quick and quiet.

I installed a larger NVME drive, clean install and it works great, but I need the driver package. I have 12 devices that do not load after a clean Microsoft Win 11 install. I tried cloning the original drive but it would not boot correctly (perhaps a bios setting).

Can you post the drivers? Thanks

George
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AX15 Laptop Drivers

Post by Gabe »

Groch,

While you're waiting for them to post the driver package, if the original drive still has the original W11 installation on it you could reinstall that temporarily, then save the driver folder, which is located in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. The folder you'd want to save is 'FileRepository', and you can save it to a USB flash drive. You can just save the whole folder rather than the plethora of individual drivers in it. It will likely be somewhere between 2.5GB and 4GB in size.

Then, when you put the new drive back in, you could copy the driver folder you saved onto the new drive's Windows desktop, then use that folder as the search object when updating the drivers. And in Windows 11, unlike Windows 10 and prior, you can actually do it all in one shot rather than each individually. At the top of the Device Manager there's a button to do them all at once, labeled "Add drivers". It usually takes about ten to fifteen minutes for the entire process to run, then you have to restart the computer, but all needed drivers will be installed from that saved driver folder.

For reference, you could use the folder on the flash drive itself for the search object if you prefer, not first copying it to the desktop, but I prefer first copying it to the desktop, as the installations are faster when they're doing it from a folder already on the PC vs one on a flash drive.

Again, it's just an option. I make sure to save the driver folder from all of my mini pcs shortly after setting up Windows so that I have them for that 'just in case' scenario. Also, if the original version it came with is W11 21H2 and the version you installed on the new drive is W11 22H2, the drivers will still work, though some will likely need updates via Windows Update.

From my AM06 Pro...

Screenshot 2023-06-06 150616.png
Screenshot 2023-06-06 150616.png (15.98 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Groch

Post by Groch »

Gabe, thanks so much for this.

I twiddle with lots of laptops and did not know gathering the drivers was this simple. After I posted here a google search turned up a command line way to to this too using dism /online / export-driver /destination:"d:mydrivers" It worked perfectly so my AX15 now all of the devices work perfectly, and it has a 2TB NVME disk in place of the SATA 512.

I am very impressed and think the AX15 could be quite successful if it is priced below $400. As I mentioned earlier the display is nicer than expected, I am guessing about 300 nits with a wide color pallet. The whole thing is very solid, no keyboard flex. I wish the keyboard was illuminated, my only complaint.

I see there are 2 places here to post about the AX15, perhaps I should have used the other one or this should be moved.

Thanks again for your thorough helpful response Gabe.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Groch,

Glad to hear it! I've seen that other method of gathering the drivers too, and though I've never tried it, I probably should, just for the heck of it.

It does look like a nice laptop, especially for the price. I'm not much of a laptop person, but if I was I would probably add it to the collection.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”