Post by peppy98 »

Hi,
how can i deactivate Secure Boot in Bios? The setting cannot be changed

Greeting Patrick
hsehestedt

Re: AD03, deactivate Secure Boot

Post by hsehestedt »

For the AD03, follow these steps to disable Secure Boot:

1) If you have BitLocker enabled on the C: drive (the drive where Windows is installed), first temporarily suspend BitLocker. This will prevent you from having to supply the recovery key after disabling Secure Boot. To do this, open File Explorer, right-click the C: drive, select Manage BitLocker, Suspend protection.

NOTE: The next time you boot into Windows BitLocker will automatically be resumed.

If BitLocker is NOT enabled on C:, simply skip ahead to step 2.

2) Either power on the system or reboot it if you are in Windows.

3) As soon as you hear the beep from the system, press the DEL key to enter into the BIOS setup.

4) Select these options is the BIOS: Security > Secure Boot > Secure Boot. Select the option "Disabled".

5) Press the ESC key to exit from this submenu and then select Save & Exit > Save Changes and Exit.
peppy98

Post by peppy98 »

That's exactly what I've already tried, but under Security > Secure Boot > Secure Boot the Option "Disable" cannot be selected. Nothing can be changed on this page
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

peppy98,

Could you post both a snapshot of the BIOS main screen and the screen with the Secure Boot settings? That might help in figuring out what's wrong.

I just checked my AD03 and the Secure Boot setting is as hsehestedt described. And though I ultimately didn't save the BIOS with the setting Disabled, I was able to change it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
peppy98

Post by peppy98 »

Here are the Pictures you wanted...

Image Image

At the screen with the secure Boot settings you can't switch from "Enabled" to "Disabled"

(I hope my poor English is somewhat understandable)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

That's definitely strange. My AD03 has the exact same BIOS, but when I click on the Secure Boot on the Security page, it takes me to the same page as yours, but with the Secure Boot option automatically highlighted and changeable.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 4.08.42 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 4.08.42 PM.jpeg (307.9 KiB) Viewed 4063 times
Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 4.09.03 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 4.09.03 PM.jpeg (228.43 KiB) Viewed 4063 times

I don't know enough about Secure Boot or BIOSes to know what the problem could be. I'd either reach out to after sales support at support@kamrui.com or PM the admin or barry777, or both. One of them may also just reply here. Or even do both things.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

You can try to restore bios settings:
1: Please press the [F9] key on the keyboard
2: Confirm whether to restore the BIOS settings to the default values, select Yes and then press the [Enter] key on the keyboard
3: Please press the [F10] key on the keyboard
4: Confirm whether you want to save the BIOS settings and leave, select Yes and press the [Enter] key on the keyboard
5: The BIOS restore is complete, the computer will restart and enter Windows.
hoffman513

Post by hoffman513 »

I am having this exact same issue. I installed PFSense on it. I was initially able to go into the bios and turn off the Secure Boot which allowed me to install PFSense on the unit. The bios has become greyed on the secure boot screen. I did email after sales support. I would like to get a copy of the bios to trying flashing it but not sure will let me do anything with the secure boot locked.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Try to reset the bios defaults.
dd_milkshake

Post by dd_milkshake »

peppy98 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:11 pm That's exactly what I've already tried, but under Security > Secure Boot > Secure Boot the Option "Disable" cannot be selected. Nothing can be changed on this page
Are you using the original SSD that comes with the system? To disable Secure Boot, you will need the original SSD installed since it contains the firmware keys to allow the BIOS to turn off secure boot.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”