W11 Version Upgrade Issue on TK11

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: W11 Version Upgrade Issue on TK11

Post by admin »

Generally speaking, I will take a relatively simple method to verify this problem.

Restore the most original system to see if the fingerprint function is ok.

If not, then the fingerprint hardware may be faulty.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
rickster

Post by rickster »

To Davetron

The driver package downloadable from this forum did not work for me either. Bluetooth, Wi-fi and fingerprint function either were not included or (in the case of bluetooth) was the wrong driver.
After all the different attempts at installation and update I found that installing the original package that came with the PC and then copying/saving the drivers found in the File Repository (see Gabe's post) was necessary to get the correct drivers. As you have found, the driver package 'TK11 Drivers' package that's downloadable from this forum is not complete.
rickster

Post by rickster »

I have now installed 22H2 from USB as a clean install. Once I installed the drivers from the previous installation's File Repository as you suggested everything is fine.
I HAVE A CONFESSION! I have now run the Update Troubleshooter on 2 different PCs and it comes up with the very same error messages as the TK11 on both of them. It would seem that the BITS messages are related to the service state of BITS when not performing an update. I have to admit that this threw me, as when I Googled the BITS messages/problem there were lots of suggestions about how to fix it and then run the Update Troubleshooter to make sure it had been corrected. However, it would seem from my tests that running the Windows Update Troubleshooter will always result in the error messages. So I must apologise for creating what appears to be a red herring!
That does of course leave us with the issue of the TK11 not being able to run the Performance Test and not finding 22H2 using Check for Updates. My experience does lead me to believe that making sure you have a current set of drivers available is the critical factor. To this end I think it would be good if the driver package (not the one on this forum) could be downloaded direct from the website - why is there not a page for the TK11? My advice to any buyer then would be to create a USB boot for 22H2 and install this followed by the drivers without doing the older setup. This would save a lot of time, effort and frustration!

I am now hoping that any future major OS upgrade will go smoothly. Since installing 22H2 the Check for Updates does seem to be effective. I will be keeping the TK11 - as a unit it's good value for money and I'd be hard pressed to find another unit of the same power for the same cost at the moment. I will also make sure that I keep a copy of the File Repository folder in a safe place!
rickster

Post by rickster »

Another apology!

The Ace Magician default page that loads for me is the US page. If you switch to from US to EU using the button at top right of page the TK11 becomes most prominent! I hadn't spotted this. Doh!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

davetron,

Hopefully the Admin or barry777 will be able to help you get the drivers needed installed.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
davetron

Post by davetron »

Gabe wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:26 pm davetron,

Hopefully the Admin or barry777 will be able to help you get the drivers needed installed.
Hopefully as I do like to do my own fresh install. Not that the preinstall is bad Im just old school :)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

davetron wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:03 am Hopefully as I do like to do my own fresh install. Not that the preinstall is bad Im just old school :)
I'm exactly the same way. Clean installs on all of the units I have.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
davetron

Post by davetron »

Gabe wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:04 am
davetron wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:03 am Hopefully as I do like to do my own fresh install. Not that the preinstall is bad Im just old school :)
Did we ever get those drivers ? Would like to do a clean install with my own bootimage.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

davetron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:59 pm
Did we ever get those drivers ? Would like to do a clean install with my own bootimage.
Not on the Ace Magicians website that I know of, but they're available here.
davetron

Post by davetron »

Gabe wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:24 pm
davetron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:59 pm
Not on the Ace Magicians website that I know of, but they're available here.

the last time i tried there the following issue occurred

wifi will not install and the fingerprint reader too.

the intel_dtt will also not install says its not supported

Return to “i5-1135G7/ i5-11320H/i7-11390H (TK11 series)”