Intel display adaptor driver issue

Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor 12M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz
cmillar6

Intel display adaptor driver issue

Post by cmillar6 »

Calling allAD15 owners, testers. Anybody having problems with sleep and the most recent Intel display drivers? When I tell windows to put my AD15 to sleep after one hour (or any time) the monitor turns off and then back on again and the computer never goes to sleep. This cycle repeats. If I tell it to go to sleep using the sleep option in the start menu everything works fine.
pausenklaus

Re: Intel display adaptor driver issue

Post by pausenklaus »

I don't have an AD15 but the issue could be a general one.

Are there any USB devices connected? Some devices will keep your PC from sleeping or wake it up at random times.

Are there other newly installed applications?

Can you verify that it is indeed the intel driver by reverting to an older version and seeing if the issue persists?
AM07
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Please provide a photo of the bios front page, and after verification, we will report back to the manufacturer.
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

front bios is picture is attached. Only usb devices are the dongles for my wireless mouse and keyboard. The mouse is set not to wake computer. This is definitely a driver or bios issue.
Attachments
bios_front.jpeg
bios_front.jpeg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 6490 times
barry777

Post by barry777 »

cmillar6 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:24 am front bios is picture is attached. Only usb devices are the dongles for my wireless mouse and keyboard. The mouse is set not to wake computer. This is definitely a driver or bios issue.
Received
barry777

Post by barry777 »

At present, we have tested the motherboard model of NP1500 series, which has a bug that cannot automatically enter sleep. We have verified that the latest motherboard has fixed this problem.
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

Do I have the latest motherboard then? Because mine can still not automatically enter sleep. Is there any BIOS update or driver update that can fix this?
atepej

Post by atepej »

You can try beta driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... loads.html

Legal notice: If that driver update makes your PC unstable, me or Acemagitan is not responsible for consequences.
Last edited by atepej on Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atepej

Post by atepej »

Anny update on this problem?
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

I ended up downloading a tiny utility called turn off monitor which has a feature that allows you to force sleep mode after a time the user defines. Works great, now my AD15 happily goes to sleep after 60 minutes. As Ace Magician have noted, there is some sort of bug that doesn't allow Windows to put the AD15 to sleep after a certain time interval. This utility solved the problem.

Return to “i5-12450H & i7 11800H(AD15)”