AD03: Intel updated graphics drivers are worse, I just want to go back to the OEM graphics

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
tanstaafl

AD03: Intel updated graphics drivers are worse, I just want to go back to the OEM graphics

Post by tanstaafl »

This is an AD03 I bought on Amazon a week ago.

Intel Driver and Support Assistant updated the graphics driver but now the graphics performance is worse.

I would like to go back to the OEM graphics drivers that came with the PC when I bought it, but it seems the Intel program deleted the old drivers.

I downloaded a rar file that supposedly contains the AD03 drivers, name AD03Driver21H2, but it contains a lot of subdirectories with inf files. I have no idea which is the graphics driver (if any) and how to install.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AD03: Intel updated graphics drivers are worse, I just want to go back to the OEM graphics

Post by Gabe »

If you can't roll back the driver, you can try choosing the folder of the unzipped drivers you downloaded when it asks where to search for the driver while trying to update it through the Device Manager. During the update process it should find the correct driver in that folder and install it.

HOWEVER, you may get a message stating that the best driver is already installed, especially if the driver you installed using the Intel tool is newer than what's available from here, which it almost assuredly is. In this case, I don't really know what you can do other than completely reinstalling the system. But I wouldn't take that drastic of a step quite yet, as someone else here may know how you can purge the recently installed driver in order to be able to install the downloaded one.

When it comes to these machines, it's best to not use tools like the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update drivers, as the drivers the unit comes with and those that are available here may be specifically tailored to the unit, while the ones available using tools like the Intel one may not work correctly. The ones available through Windows Update tend to be okay.

Hopefully a more knowledgable person will be able to help get the newer driver rolled back or uninstalled so that you won't have to take the drastic step of a complete system reinstallation.

Edit: You can also try uninstalling the device, then restarting the computer to see what driver it automatically installs on startup. However, before trying this I would make sure to save any important files you have on the computer as a 'just in case' scenario.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Re: AD03: Intel updated graphics drivers are worse, I just want to go back to the OEM graphics

Post by barry777 »

Gabe wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:08 am If you can't roll back the driver, you can try choosing the folder of the unzipped drivers you downloaded when it asks where to search for the driver while trying to update it through the Device Manager. During the update process it should find the correct driver in that folder and install it.

HOWEVER, you may get a message stating that the best driver is already installed, especially if the driver you installed using the Intel tool is newer than what's available from here, which it almost assuredly is. In this case, I don't really know what you can do other than completely reinstalling the system. But I wouldn't take that drastic of a step quite yet, as someone else here may know how you can purge the recently installed driver in order to be able to install the downloaded one.

When it comes to these machines, it's best to not use tools like the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update drivers, as the drivers the unit comes with and those that are available here may be specifically tailored to the unit, while the ones available using tools like the Intel one may not work correctly. The ones available through Windows Update tend to be okay.

Hopefully a more knowledgable person will be able to help get the newer driver rolled back or uninstalled so that you won't have to take the drastic step of a complete system reinstallation.

Edit: You can also try uninstalling the device, then restarting the computer to see what driver it automatically installs on startup. However, before trying this I would make sure to save any important files you have on the computer as a 'just in case' scenario.
Great reply!

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”