When will we see a forum section for the T8Plus N95?

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
hsehestedt

When will we see a forum section for the T8Plus N95?

Post by hsehestedt »

I'm posting here because this is the only other N95 based system from AceMagicians.

Info I'd like to see addressed in a section for the T8Plus N95:

Expandability - I asked about expandability of this unit on Amazon and via e-mail directly to support. I've been informed that the WiFi adapter and SSD can be replaced (SATA only), but have mixed responses on RAM. I have been told that RAM can be upgraded and that it cannot be upgraded. If it can be upgraded, what are the specs needed for a replacement DIMM? Also, what is the maximum capacity? I am assuming it is 16GB.

Video showing how to open case - I'm sure it's easy enough to figure out, but it still might be nice to provide a video or description of how to open this system.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: When will we see a forum section for the T8Plus N95?

Post by admin »

I don't really recommend the PLUS version of the machine. The power of N95 can't even reach 10W, but AD03 can reach 15W. The size of the T8 is relatively small, if I use the N95, I think the power may be lower.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.
dd_milkshake

Post by dd_milkshake »

hsehestedt wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:08 am
Expandability - I asked about expandability of this unit on Amazon and via e-mail directly to support. I've been informed that the WiFi adapter and SSD can be replaced (SATA only), but have mixed responses on RAM. I have been told that RAM can be upgraded and that it cannot be upgraded. If it can be upgraded, what are the specs needed for a replacement DIMM? Also, what is the maximum capacity? I am assuming it is 16GB.
WiFi is soldered, RAM can be replaced, same as SSD. I have both, and I like the AD03 much better. It's an overall better built machine with replaceable WiFi module, dual LAN and a bigger and more effective heatsink.
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

dd_milkshake wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:37 pm WiFi is soldered, RAM can be replaced, same as SSD. I have both, and I like the AD03 much better. It's an overall better built machine with replaceable WiFi module, dual LAN and a bigger and more effective heatsink.
Thanks for that. I only have the AD03 at the moment and really like it. I know that it is basically an entry level CPU but it performs so much better than the Celerons I have previously used. Really impressed by the value of that machine. I did upgrade the WiFi to an Intel AX210 and I actually get just a tiny bit better performance on WiFi than I would on Gigabit Ethernet.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”