Installer ma licence Windos 11 Pro sur AM08PRO neuf ?

AMD Ryzen™ 9 Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics
Olivier76220

Installer ma licence Windos 11 Pro sur AM08PRO neuf ?

Post by Olivier76220 »

Bonjour tout le monde ! Je viens juste de recevoir mon tout nouveau ACEMAGICIAN RGB Mini PC AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX ,32 Go DDR5 512 Go SSD, AMD Radeon RX 680M, je suis tout excité ! :P
Toutefois, avant de le démarrer, j'aimerais savoir s'il est possible que j'utilise ma version de Windows 11 pro, dont je viens juste d'acheter la licence, à la place de la version pré-installée sur le Mini PC ?
Faut-il que je démarre le Mini PC, finalise l'installation de la version pré-installée, puis que je la supprime avant d'installer la mienne, ou existe-t-il un moyen de booter le Mini PC dès la première fois sur ma version/licence ?
Ma question est peut-être un peu bête, mais je ne suis pas un champion de l'informatique je l'avoue... :lol:
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Installer ma licence Windos 11 Pro sur AM08PRO neuf ?

Post by Gabe »

If the unit comes with Windows 11 Home and you're wanting to upgrade to Pro, I'd set it up as it comes, going through the Windows setup and all that. Then just change the Product Key, using the Windows 11 Product Key you bought. Or, you can do a clean install of Windows, if you want to, and use the Product Key you bought during setup. If you do the clean install, make sure to first download the Driver pack available in this section, as you'll likely need to install some drivers after the Windows install.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 10.03.48 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 10.03.48 PM.png (29.48 KiB) Viewed 540 times
If it already comes with Windows 11 Pro and you're just wanting to perform a clean install of Windows 11 Pro, you can do that if you want to, but again make sure to download the driver pack in this same section. However, I would first be sure to connect to the net before you do the clean install to make sure the Activation of the current Windows 11 Pro it comes with is logged on Microsoft's servers. This way, after the clean install, Windows will automatically Activate on connection to the net. I mean, you CAN use your Product Key if you want to, but if it already comes with Windows 11 Pro, using the Product Key you bought would be a waste. It's not like your Windows 11 Pro Product Key would make it any better than the one it comes with.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Olivier76220

Post by Olivier76220 »

Bonjour et merci beaucoup pour cette réponse très rapide. Vous avez l'air d'adorer la marque et d'aider tout le monde ici, c'est vraiment admirable ! :)
Je n'ai pas encore reçu le Mini PC, il devrait arriver dans les prochaines minutes... :P

Merci pour ces indications. Si je veux installer mon propre OS Windows 11 Pro, c'est parce que j'ai lu certains commentaires sur Amazon disant que le Windows 11 (Pro ou Home peu importe) qui est pré-installée est une version sans licence, voire qu'elle contient des "logiciels espions". Puis, en cherchant à acheter le pack Office sur Rakuten, j'ai trouvé une offre Office 2021 Pro + Windows 11 Pro à 0,90 € !!
Donc, même si je ne fais pas forcément confiance aux commentaires sur Amazon, sachant qu'il y a beaucoup de gens qui s'y connaissent encore moins que moi :!: :D je me suis dit que le plus sûr serait d'installer ma propre version de Windows 11 Pro, puisqu'elle ne m'a rien coûté ! Mais je ne veux pas faire d'erreur !

Entendons-nous bien, ce n'est pas que je ne fais pas confiance à Acemagician et encore moins à Minipc Union qui semble être une entreprise vraiment très sérieuse.
Après, si vous me confirmez que je peux avoir confiance dans le produit, et que ces histoires de version sans licence ou de "logiciels espions" sont fausses, je ne vais pas m'embêter et prendre des risques de faire des (mauvaises) manipulations.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

The Windows that is installed on these units is not an unlicensed version. It is a legitimate, fully operational Windows installation with a genuine Windows license (Product Key).

Regarding the "spyware", there was a small batch of three different models that did have dormant spyware on them. This was addressed, and the problem corrected. The AM08 Pro was not one of the models affected. And again, it a small batch of each. I have two of the three models affected, and mine were both clean.

However, if you'd feel safer performing a clean install of Windows, your certainly free to do so. Again though, make sure to get the driver pack.

By the way, when it comes to Windows licenses, too good to be true usually means just that. Office Pro and Windows for €0.90 almost assuredly falls into that category. It's very likely that the Product Key is from a Volume license. Volume licenses expire, meaning it would likely be fine for a while, then one day you'll log on and find that your Windows Activation is no longer valid. Because of this, I would recommend what I did above, as in using the Product Key that comes with the unit, which is embedded in the BIOS. Just make sure to go on the net with the original Windows installation so the license is logged on Microsoft's servers, then perform the clean install. On connection to the net the cleanly installed Windows should automatically Activate.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Olivier76220

Post by Olivier76220 »

OK, me voilà rassuré quant aux "logiciels espions" et autres rumeurs du net ! 8-)
J'ai toutefois reçu une version Familiale/Home au lieu de la version Pro, alors que c'était écrit Pro sur la fiche produit... :(

Suivant vos précieux conseils, je vais me contenter d'installer le pack Office Pro 21 à 0,45 € :D , ce que j'ai déjà fait plusieurs fois sur d'autres PC sans jamais rencontrer de problème. Si jamais il se passe ce que vous suspectez, il ne s'agira que d'Office, les dégâts seront limités et j'aviserais.

Merci encore et encore :)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

For reference, if it definitely said it came with Pro, you have the option of contacting the seller and requesting a genuine Pro Product Key. If it was through Amazon, you also have the option of contacting barry at barry@minipcunion.com and requesting the same. He's a tech for the company. I'd get a snapshot of where it says it's supposed to have Pro, just in case.

Or you can use the one you bought. It's entirely up to you. 👍

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HX(AM08PRO)”