Strange symptom with memory upgrade

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
davidphorne

Strange symptom with memory upgrade

Post by davidphorne »

I have an Ace Magician AM06 Pro Ryzen 7 4800U MiniPC. This unit comes with 16GB of DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM RAM in 2x8GB sticks. I replaced these with 2 32GB sticks for a total of 64GB. I used G.Skill RipJaws sticks, part number F4-3200C22D-64GRS, which as far as I can tell, should be a compatible device.

Everything seemed fine, except when I try to restart the system, for example to apply system patches, the system fan comes on and stays on and the restart does not proceed beyond that point. If I fully power off and then power back on, the system starts normally. I can't see anything relevant in the Windows system logs, so I guess whatever is going wrong is happening very early in the restart sequence. Obviously, this is a problem, since system updates are not getting applied correctly; they require an uninterrupted restart sequence and full power down seems to kill the updates.

When I reinstalled the original system RAM, the system returned to normal behavior.

Any ideas? Is there some BIOS incompatibility I'm running into?
actiftech

Re: Strange symptom with memory upgrade

Post by actiftech »

Your new RAM is it recognised in the BIOS?
davidphorne

Post by davidphorne »

Yes; the RAM is showing as expected in BIOS. And Windows also sees it correctly.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Please provide the fault video + brief fault description + Amazon purchase order number and send it to my email: barry@minipcunion.com
We need to verify and analyze the detailed situation.
davidphorne

Post by davidphorne »

Thanks for responding. I already yesterday sent mail to support@acemagicians.com. I'm working with someone called Roy from that team, who has the details you asked for.
These users thanked the author davidphorne for the post:
actiftech
davidphorne

Post by davidphorne »

Just to follow up on the resolution of this issue. After working with the support team, they decided that the original unit was faulty and it has now been exchanged with a new AM06 Pro Ryzen 7 5800U. This works perfectly with the RAM expansion I wanted. Kudos to the team.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”