CD-ROM and minipc?

Discussion - Non-tech related content only please! New members can say Hi here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CD-ROM and minipc?

Post by admin »

Adding an optical drive is not necessarily a good idea, so if the minipc can evolve, how do you think it can evolve? get smaller? More feature-rich? Better performance? for example. . . A minipc with a display, we're actually already making a minipc with a small lcd
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Adding an optical drive is not necessarily a good idea, so if the mini PC can evolve, how can it become? Get smaller? More feature-rich? Better performance? For example. . . A mini PC with a display, we're already making a mini PC with a small LCD
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I think a mini PC with a small LCD display is a good idea, especially if it had a lot of options for what it could show. Things like system temperatures and CPU/RAM use.

I often see people asking about the ability to connect an external GPU to a unit, so maybe some of the higher end, gaming oriented models having that ability would be a plus.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
ZYXBASE

Post by ZYXBASE »

Hi,
CD-ROM?!? :| Nein. BluRay-Player besser Brenner. Ich nutze einen MiniPC als HTPC, also Heimkino. Ich möchte den BR-Brenner nicht missen.

Fazit: ein optisches Laufwerk MUSS sein. ;)
NIPOGI GK3 Plus N95-16/512 GB mit:
CAD, Colido 3D, Atomstack A5 M50 mod.
_ _ _ _ _ _
Service in:
CAD, 3d-Print, Lasergravur und Schnitt...
aus: Ludwigshafen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Deutschland, DE, G3RM4NY
Slime00

Post by Slime00 »

If you want to make the pc an interesting media center which focuses on having a high quality audio card/DAC integrated for people loving to listen their CDs in HQ and to watch their beloved DVDs/BluRays, then it can be interesting. Not sure how much market it can get nowadays, but audiophiles are able to fork good money if the specs are good for what they need. And there wouldn't be so much competition for sure.
cackletinkle

Post by cackletinkle »

no need for optical media, best part is no part ;)

storage SSD/HDD is cheap.. i don't remember when's the last time i had to use a disc (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray)
streaming, x264/265 formats or isos do just fine especially when you want to keep the device cost low and a in a small package
in the case of audio/videophiles it'll likely be a niche, low volume product and priced accordingly.. then you may want a toslink port on it as well

Return to “Off Topic”