AM18 (R7 7840HS) System Release (Updated on 20240608)

Max. Boost Clock Up to 5.1GHz AMD Configurable TDP (cTDP) 35-54W
barry777

AM18 (R7 7840HS) System Release (Updated on 20240608)

Post by barry777 »

AM18 R7 7840HS (Windows11Home 23H2) system download link:

Google Drive limits the number of times a non-Google account can download a file. If you receive a message that the limit has been reached, please log in to your Google account and try to download again

Reference system installation tutorial video:
Miracolax

Re: AM18 (R7 7840HS) System Release (Updated on 20240608)

Post by Miracolax »

Hallo, ich bin neu hier.....

Seit 4 Tagen besitze ich nun auch einen Acemagic AM18. Bin äußerst zufrieden damit, obwohl ich Mini PC nicht so auf dem Schirm hatte und ich eigentlich auch nur auf Tower und Desktop-PC fixiert war.

Nun meine Frage bezüglich zurücksetzen. Muss ich zwingend diese im Video angegebene Datei runterladen? Wobei der Downloadlink nur im Video zu sehen ist und ich den abschreiben müsste...oder kann ich auch eine WIN 11 ISO installieren? Natürlich das Treiberpaket dann wieder von hier. Ich habe nämlich auf meinem alten PC die Pro drauf, die würde ich dann dort deinstallieren und auf den AM18 wieder installieren.

besten Dank im voraus
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AM18 (R7 7840HS) System Release (Updated on 20240608)

Post by Gabe »

Don't use the download link shown in the video. It's a generic installation instruction video, and the link shown in it is likely not even for the AM18. If you want to use the system available here, use the system download link in the first post in this topic. The installation files available here have the drivers preinstalled.

If you'd rather use traditional Windows 11 installation media, you can do so, but make sure you have all of the drivers saved before you do in case you need any after the install. However, if you do want to use traditional installation media instead of what's available in the first post, I'd recommend the following first steps...

First, make sure you've gone online so that the unit's Windows Activation is logged on Microsoft's Activation servers. Being that you've had the unit for 18 days, I've no doubt you've already been online with it.

Second, if you don't already use one, it would probably be a good idea to sign into or create and sign into a Microsoft Account. The reason for this is to ensure that the unit is logged on your Microsoft Account with its current Windows Activation. Basically, this is just second step to ensure that Windows Activation goes smoothly after the clean install. You don't have to do this second step, but I always do when I perform a clean install on one of my systems.

Third, I might be a good idea to glean the current Windows 11 Product Key from the unit so that you have it for that just in case scenario after the system reinstall.

Now, if the reason you're wanting to do this is to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro, you don't really need to perform a new system install, though you certainly can if you want to. But to upgrade, all you really need to do is to change the Windows Product Key in the current install, using that Pro key from your old PC. When you do that, the system will automatically convert from the Home version to the Pro version.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840HS (AM18)”