S1 lighting control program (updated in 20240228)

mini PC with display!
barry777

Re: S1 LED control program (20231102) released

Post by barry777 »

skrinsky89@gmail.com wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:55 am how can I get the cyxtftool software to fix my issue with the current version on my mini s1 PC. it keeps crashing on me and I can't program or personalize the screen stuck on Acemagic. someone please help me without me reinstalling the OS.
Thank you for contacting us, we are happy to provide support. Since we currently have very little information, please provide the fault video and Amazon purchase order number and send it to email: barry@minipcunion.com; after we verify the information, we will further assist you in solving the problem.

Post by Guest »

Do you have an API for the LED screen control protocol? I'd like to be able to run Ubuntu Linux on it, I'm interested in developing the control software for Linux for it and happy to share the source code as open source software. Let me know please! Thanks!
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Sorry, cannot be announced; currently only compatible with Windows systems

Post by Guest »

Ah that's a shame, the dual LAN port works really well as a home server device actually, so Linux support would be really good to have. All good, thanks for your time in responding!
EntropySword

Post by EntropySword »

I can't understand why there is no movement on releasing some documentation for the screen so we can have it function in an OS other than windows. So much more utility could be possible under linux. Why does the device have 2 eth ports if not for *nix uses cases?
barry777

Post by barry777 »

You can refer to the following video:

How to use S1 control program (screen control program & lighting control program)

Youtube

S1 screen operation video Youtube

Post by Guest »

Just the basic information of how the screen communicates data from the MB would be very helpful.

I want to like this device but some choices are very strange.
dianebrat

Post by dianebrat »

So I did a clean W11 install to remove the questionable tweaks the OEM did to Chrome, and I have all the TFT tool components installed, but what I can't find is a referent to the Batch file the OEM install ran when you logged in that automatically set and started the TFT and LED control, I see a reference to something similar in the TFTinstall that's commented out, however.

Does anyone have that batch file that they can post as text so I can at least see what it did vs manually adding a regkey or task?
dianebrat

Post by dianebrat »

dianebrat wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:39 pm So I did a clean W11 install to remove the questionable tweaks the OEM did to Chrome, and I have all the TFT tool components installed, but what I can't find is a referent to the Batch file the OEM install ran when you logged in that automatically set and started the TFT and LED control, I see a reference to something similar in the TFTinstall that's commented out, however.

Does anyone have that batch file that they can post as text so I can at least see what it did vs manually adding a regkey or task?
Found it after digging the full disk image, this might be useful for someone in the future:

Code: Select all

powershell -command "Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized 'C:\Windows\Oem\CYX_TftTool\TFTConfigQMake.exe' -Verb RunAs"
exit
kallibr44

Post by kallibr44 »

Any news about Linux support? As many talking, this mini PC might be using as server, so preferred system is Linux, but with this OS screen will be unusable. Please, make Linux support to screen.

Return to “New Model S1”