S1 lighting control program (updated in 20240228)

mini PC with display!
barry777

S1 lighting control program (updated in 20240228)

Post by barry777 »

Download link:

If there is any abnormality, please contact email: barry@minipcunion.com
hsehestedt

Re: S1 LED control program (20231101) released

Post by hsehestedt »

The instant that I downloaded this updated version, Defender instantly quarantined it saying that threats were found.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

hsehestedt wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:41 pm The instant that I downloaded this updated version, Defender instantly quarantined it saying that threats were found.
That's unfortunate.

Because I'm not having the same issue with the LED program and Defender with mine, I'm going to remove the stock drive and temporarily do a clean install of Windows 11 on the spare m.2 SATA drive I have, then see if the new LED control program gets flagged by Defender. I'd try it on the current system, but with the LED program currently working, I don't want to cause any problems with it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I don't know what it is about my S1 that's different from others', but the updated LED program worked fine with the new install. No problems with Windows Defender.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Groch

Post by Groch »

On my S1, the Defender quarantined (and I then deleted) the original LED Program several days ago.

On this S1 same, when I download today's version, it is quarantined by defender on download. So, like heshestedt.

When I download todays program on a different Windows 11 computer, Defender detects no problem. Scanning the downloaded Zip file, and the unzipped EXE with both Defender and Bitdefender on this second computer detects no problem.

Perhaps this issue now occurs only on S1 computers where there was originally a trojan detected like mine. Gabe, if I remember correctly your S1 did not have this issue, right?

The program runs fine on my 2nd computer (but of course does nothing as it lacks LEDs).
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Groch wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:26 pm Perhaps this issue now occurs only on S1 computers where there was originally a trojan detected like mine. Gabe, if I remember correctly your S1 did not have this issue, right?
Correct. No issues with mine.
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

Gabe, are you on the latest builds and updates? When I first unboxed the S1 everything was fine. As soon as I allowed Windows updated to apply the latest updates, that's when the problems began.

I also would not advise doing a clean install, unless you mean using the factory image. If you do a clean install with a retail Windows image, you will not be able to get the screen control software to work. I already have a case open with Technical Support regarding this.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

hsehestedt wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:41 pm The instant that I downloaded this updated version, Defender instantly quarantined it saying that threats were found.
We need to collect detailed relevant information.
The internal beta version has been sent to a private message (completely delete the original LED control program, and then install the internal beta version), please check the private message.
2. Please provide a photo of the detailed version number of the system (Method: Use the command line tool and use the Win + R shortcut key combination to quickly open it. After opening the run box, enter the command: WINVER, and then click "OK" below.)
3. Provide detailed information photos of Defender isolation; send to barry@minipcunion.com
We will verify the information as soon as possible after receiving it.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

hsehestedt wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:52 am Gabe, are you on the latest builds and updates? When I first unboxed the S1 everything was fine. As soon as I allowed Windows updated to apply the latest updates, that's when the problems began.

I also would not advise doing a clean install, unless you mean using the factory image. If you do a clean install with a retail Windows image, you will not be able to get the screen control software to work. I already have a case open with Technical Support regarding this.
Yes, everything is updated to the latest build. Well, to be specific, the latest build of 22H2, not the newly released 23H2.

With the testing I did with the m.2 SATA drive, it was a clean install using media created using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, not the factory image. The LED program worked, though as mentioned in the other topic, only the Customizable part of the LCD screen program worked. The default part gave me the same problems you're having.

With the original NVMe drive I still have factory image that came with the unit, though it's fully up to date with the latest 22H2 build.

I haven't tried the factory image with the SATA drive, though after trying a few more things and getting the info barry requested, I probably will.

Return to “New Model S1”