Linux support

mini PC with display!
Mordred

Re: Linux support

Post by Mordred »

fuelrod wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:14 pm Would it be possible to just use WINE?
Maybe it can run, but the problems are:

1- CPU and ram consumption, because you need to "translate" the instructions from Linux to Windows and vice versa.
2- Following the status of HWinfo for wine, this software cannot read the 90% of the sensors information, so I don't believe that the software will work.

But the best way to know if it is a solution, is try it. As I said, I don't have this device, so I cannot try.
nov30th

Post by nov30th »

As I bought one from Jd.com in China, just show me the protocol documents and I can make an open source for the manufacturer with Linux version free.
I've asked the jd.com acemagic seller if there are documents as I just re-installed the PVE system and willing to have the screen show customized things.
the acemagic seller told me she asked the tech guy and the tech guy said nothing to tell which also told me there is no power loss with S0 restore in BIOS, but I found it. such a sick shopping experience.
anyway, if there are documents for the screen I can make one for PVE and Linux system that even shows the selected VM in PVE status on screen.
Otherwise, I have a Windows VM inside which replaced the CPU info program inside program files with PVE status with USB porting direct to screen usb controller.
nov30th

Post by nov30th »

Good news for you guys. I've done the analyses for the TFT screen and made the program that can sync time, background, updating area, balabala which includes all the features the windows TFT screen program has.
next step I will make put customized info into the screen, such as network status, bandwidth, or warn, errors. Once error info got, the tft screen background will changed to error background which more easy to notice.
but I won't open source just binary files. someone can reply this post if you guy want it. I will upload to github of binary files after I finsihed the customized info feature.
These users thanked the author nov30th for the post:
psyfregle

Post by Guest »

nov30th wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:21 am Good news for you guys. I've done the analyses for the TFT screen and made the program that can sync time, background, updating area, balabala which includes all the features the windows TFT screen program has.
next step I will make put customized info into the screen, such as network status, bandwidth, or warn, errors. Once error info got, the tft screen background will changed to error background which more easy to notice.
but I won't open source just binary files. someone can reply this post if you guy want it. I will upload to github of binary files after I finsihed the customized info feature.
i would love to have it!
nov30th

Post by nov30th »

Windows version for functional testing.

The Linux version has some issues that haven't been located, will be released later after I found why the data not sending to the device.

https://github.com/nov30th/s1-mini-comp ... tag/v0.0.1
pausenklaus
pausenklaus

Post by pausenklaus »

nov30th wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:49 pm Windows version for functional testing.

The Linux version has some issues that haven't been located, will be released later after I found why the data not sending to the device.

https://github.com/nov30th/s1-mini-comp ... tag/v0.0.1
Thanks! i saw there is v0.0.2 already too. Testing it as soon as i can. Any possibility that the source code will be released in the future?

First feedback:
  • Network traffic does not seem to update for wireless traffic
AM07
nov30th

Post by nov30th »

pausenklaus wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:02 pm Thanks! i saw there is v0.0.2 already too. Testing it as soon as i can. Any possibility that the source code will be released in the future?

First feedback:
  • Network traffic does not seem to update for wireless traffic
The reason not open source is the seller which I bought from JD said they provided no info about tft screen to make an open-source program for them for free, seems they don't care. I may make my source repo public once I think of all the features are enough for my daily use and ppl can pr my repo.

the program will upgrade following:
1. Support PVE which I use on my own, shows the TOP 4 or 5 CPU and memory usage VMs or CTs status on screen with VM names line by line.
2. Support restful for customized info such as network status showing on the bottom of the screen.
3. Support standalone machine info as you mentioned configuration file with fixed network adapter and warning, error settings.

I will make another release once 1 and 2 are done. That's the main purpose to make this program for my own.
pausenklaus
Mikolka

Post by Mikolka »

Hi!
Could I propose you any help with this?

I'm interesting in this app too :)
winit_a

Post by winit_a »

nov30th wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:21 am Good news for you guys. I've done the analyses for the TFT screen and made the program that can sync time, background, updating area, balabala which includes all the features the windows TFT screen program has.
thank you.

how to change image file?
load_data.txt is preload data file?
format for encript?
mikolka

Post by mikolka »

nov30th wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:02 am The reason not open source is the seller which I bought from JD said they provided no info about tft screen to make an open-source program for them for free, seems they don't care. I may make my source repo public once I think of all the features are enough for my daily use and ppl can pr my repo.

the program will upgrade following:
1. Support PVE which I use on my own, shows the TOP 4 or 5 CPU and memory usage VMs or CTs status on screen with VM names line by line.
2. Support restful for customized info such as network status showing on the bottom of the screen.
3. Support standalone machine info as you mentioned configuration file with fixed network adapter and warning, error settings.

I will make another release once 1 and 2 are done. That's the main purpose to make this program for my own.
Could you make a version where we could not t use PVE :) ?

In 0.0.5 version I can't rotate screen from horizontal to vertical variant and can't switch off proxmox config (try to comment it and try to leave it empty: "")...

Return to “New Model S1”